5 Healthy & Safe Gifts For Your Pets December 01, 2015 11:06
Tis the season to be jolly, eat too much, attend holiday parties, and select the perfect gifts for family, friends, co-workers and pets. In November and December 2014, the average shopper spent $30.43 on pet gifts, a 14.2% increase over the prior year, according to the National Retail Federation.
But, before you rush out and grab any toy or treat off the nearest pet store shelf, it is important to make sure you are choosing a safe and healthy holiday gift for your pet. You can also start a new tradition by investing in your pet’s well being.
Follow these tips for 5 Healthy & Safe Gifts For Your Pets:
1. Choose Made in the USA – Bright colors and flashy labels can camouflage hidden dangers inside pet toys and treats. Read packaging carefully. Make sure products contain natural and safe ingredients and materials. When possible, purchase products that are made in the USA.
2. Avoid Choking Hazards – While many baby and child products look like they might also appeal to a dog or cat, plastic eyes, buttons, zippers and detachable fabric pieces can pose a choking hazard or create digestive problems if swallowed. Choose toys designed specifically for pets.
3. Book a Spa Retreat – Humans often delay trips to the dentist, hair salon or doctor because of busy schedules. The same can be true about booking appointments for pets! The holidays are the perfect time to invest in maintaining your pet’s health by booking an appointment for a nail trim, dental cleaning, grooming or checkup.
4. Create a Homemade Gift – Get the family together for a holiday craft and create a memory of your pet that your family can enjoy for years to come. Encase a photo of a pet in an ornament or create paw prints from plaster or clay that can be hung from a ribbon.
5. Deck Your Pets – While most pets will happily pass on wearing reindeer antlers and Santa hats, you can dress up their collars without earning nasty glares. Pawdentify Tags add festive flair with snowflakes, snowmen and reindeer designs. These eco-friendly tags are not only cute, but they are also much easier to read, longer lasting, and more comfortable than traditional metal tags. Holiday and winter-themed Pawdentify tags with color coordinated LINKS-IT connectors can be found at www.links-it.com. They are made in the USA and backed by a lifetime guarantee